Abstract Submission Opens
Abstract Submission Closes @ 1200hrs
Notification of Abstract Acceptance & Award Categories Finalists
Inviting all to submit your abstracts to the SHBC Scientific Competition!
The Competition is an excellent opportunity to showcase and exhibit your research efforts and compete among fellow researchers. All accepted abstracts accepted will be featured in the SHBC Poster Village/Oral Free Sessions during the Congress on 10 – 12 October 2019, as well as on the SHBC website.
Please read the submission guides below on how to submit an abstract.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Abstract Categories
- Abstract Submission Guidelines
What is Eligible for Submission:
- Authors may only submit abstracts where they are the First author / Co-author.
- Abstracts that are written based on single case report or based on CPIP projects will not be accepted. In partnership with NHG Quality Day 2020, for all NHG Staff, all Quality or CPIP projects are encouraged to be submitted for NHG Quality Day 2020.
- Submission based on a case series (at least 3 similar cases) illustrating or highlighting an important clinical aspect may be acceptable.
- Abstracts to be submitted must be either of :
- Original and unpublished works OR
- Presented at other conferences but abstract has not been published as a full manuscript in any journals/articles
- Submission of abstracts for the Scientific Competition constitutes the authors’ consent to have their abstracts that have been accepted:
- To participate in the SHBC Poster Village/Oral Free Sessions
- To be published on the SHBC website
- Authors may opt out from having their abstracts published on the SHBC website
- You may also choose to submit abstract for sharing purposes (eg: if your abstract has been presented in other conferences, but not published) and not be considered for the Scientific Competition.
The SHBC2019 Scientific Competition accepts abstracts in the following categories:
- Allied Health
- Basic Science / Translational Research
- Clinical Research
- Health Professions Education
- Health Services Research
- Primary Care
- Abstracts to be submitted in English
- Abstract Title to be concise
- Only abstracts submitted via the online abstract submission portal will be accepted.
- Abstract Format
- The abstract body consisting of background, methods, results & discussion/conclusions.
- No tables/Figures/Images are to be included as part of the abstract.
- Each abstract will follow the format outlined below:
||Title should highlight the primary content of the abstract
||Provide a brief description of the objective/hypothesis of the study/project
||Details of the experimental methods employed in the study
||Summary of the precise findings of the study.
Promises of results ‘to be determined’ are not acceptable.
|Discussion & Conclusions :
||Describe logically sound conclusions and reliable inference from the results
- Abstract body (includes Background & Hypothesis, Methods, Results and Discussion & Conclusion) should NOT exceed 250 words.
- Each abstract can only be submitted under ONE abstract category which is the most relevant to the topic of research.
- Authors may edit and modify submitted abstracts until the submission deadline. No additional editing can be made after the stipulated deadline.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts each author can submit.
- Authors may choose to submit all their abstracts in one sitting or return at a later date within the stipulated submission timeframe to submit more abstracts.
- In order to rule out any editing-related issues, you are required to upload a backup copy of the Abstract body (includes Background & Hypothesis, Methods, Results and Discussion & Conclusion) in MS Word or PDF format during the submission process.
- The submission system will generate an acknowledgement email, which will be sent via email to the Author’s address; if you do not receive the acknowledgement of receipt; kindly inform the Organising Secretariat immediately.
- A Submission Acknowledgement email will be sent to author’s registered email address once the submission is successful.
- The submitting author will be notified if their abstract has been accepted for the SHBC Scientific Competition 2019 by 12 – 16 Aug 2019
- The first author will be informed via email if their abstracts have been shortlisted as the Competition Categories’ Finalists.
- All shortlisted Finalists will be notified via email on the competition presentations’ (Oral/Poster) details (venue, date & time) by 12 – 16 Aug 2019