Abstract Submission Guide
20 May 2021
Abstract Submission Opens
23 Jul 2021
Abstract Submission Closes
30 Jul 2021
Abstract Submission Closes (Extension)
6 - 8 Sep 2021
Notification of Abstract Acceptance & Award Categories Finalists
28-30 SEP 2021
SHBC Judging for Finalists (over Zoom)
Inviting all to submit your abstracts to the SHBC Scientific Competition!
The Competition is an excellent opportunity to showcase and exhibit your research efforts and compete among fellow researchers. All accepted abstracts will be featured on the SHBC website. Additionally for award finalists, abstracts (in e-poster format) will be featured on the SHBC virtual platform.
Please read the submission guides below on how to submit an abstract.
What is Eligible for Submission:
- Authors may only submit abstracts where they are the First author or Co-author.
- Abstracts to be submitted must be either of :
- Original and unpublished works OR
- Presented at other conferences but abstract has not been published as a full manuscript in any journals / articles
- Abstracts that are written based on single case report or based on CPIP projects will not be accepted. In partnership with NHG Quality Day 2021, all Quality or CPIP projects are encouraged to be submitted for NHG Quality Day 2021 instead. Do contact NHG Quality Day Secretariat at (Abigail_CE_Tan@nhg.com.sg)
- Submission based on a case series (at least 3 similar cases) illustrating or highlighting an important clinical aspect may be acceptable.
- Submission of abstracts for the Scientific Competition constitutes the authors’ consent to have their abstracts that have been accepted:
- To be published on the SHBC website
- Authors may opt out from having their abstracts published on the SHBC website
- You may also choose to submit abstract for sharing purposes and not be considered for the Scientific Competition (eg: if your abstract has been presented in other conferences, but not published as a full manuscript)
The SHBC2021 Scientific Competition accepts abstracts in the following categories:
- Allied Health
- Basic Science / Translational Research
- Clinical Research
- Health Professions Education
- Health Services Research
- Primary Care
- Abstracts to be submitted in English
- Abstract Title to be concise
- Only abstracts submitted via the online abstract submission portal will be accepted.
- Abstract Format
- The abstract body consisting of background, methods, results & discussion/conclusions.
- No tables/Figures/Images are to be included as part of the abstract.
- Each abstract will follow the format outlined below:
||Title should highlight the primary content of the abstract
||Provide a brief description of the objective/hypothesis of the study/project
||Details of the experimental methods employed in the study
||Summary of the precise findings of the study.
Promises of results ‘to be determined’ are not acceptable.
|Discussion & Conclusions :
||Describe logically sound conclusions and reliable inference from the results
- Abstract body (includes Background & Hypothesis, Methods, Results and Discussion & Conclusion) should NOT exceed 250 words.
- Each abstract can only be submitted under ONE abstract category which is the most relevant to the topic of research.
- Authors may edit and modify submitted abstracts until the submission deadline. No additional editing can be made after the stipulated deadline.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts each author can submit.
- Authors may choose to submit all their abstracts in one sitting or return at a later date within the stipulated submission timeframe to submit more abstracts.
- The submission system will generate an acknowledgement email, which will be sent via email to the Author’s address; if you do not receive the acknowledgement of receipt; kindly inform the Organising Secretariat immediately.
- A Submission Acknowledgement email will be sent to author’s registered email address once the submission is successful.
- The submitting author will be notified if their abstract has been accepted for the SHBC Scientific Competition 2021 by 6 – 8 September 2021
- The submitting author will be informed via email if their abstracts have been shortlisted as the Competition Categories’ Finalists.
- All shortlisted Finalists will be notified via email on the competition presentations’ details (date & time) by 6 – 8 September 2021. For 2021, the onsite competition will be held over zoom sessions instead.